Monday, July 14, 2008

The Big Z


We hear so much these days about bullying in the schools but this has been going on forever. When I was 7 or 8 years old I was the victim of ZELDA. She was 8 feet tall with a face only a mother could love. She loomed over me like the Incredible Hulk as I cowered in the corner and she bonked me on the head with her library book. I didn't tell my parents because I thought it was part of my continuing education---Torture 101. No matter which door I emerged from, there she was, the big Z, my nemesis. After what seemed like a century she tired of the sniveling little coward and turned to another unsuspecting victim. Even today the name Zelda sends chills down my spine. Maybe if bullying had been nipped in the bud years ago we wouldn't be in Iraq today.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!