Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Steel Trap or Chicken Wire?


During my working years I had a mind like a steel trap. I knew each resident's name, height, weight, labs, diagnosis and food preferences. Now I don't even know my own but I don't think I like spinach. Thoughts just flit in and out of my mind of their own volition with no boundaries at all. After breakfast one morning I told my husband to stay put so I could trim his hair. While fetching the clipper I made the bed, scoured the bathroom sink, gathered the laundry, started a load of clothes and began to make banana bread. Our conversation went like this: "Did you forget something?" "What did I forget?" "Well, I'm still sitting here!" Say thanks for patient husbands.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm so glad your sharing your wit and wisdom with the rest of the world! Keep em comin!!