Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Driving Miss Janice


I've never been very enthused about driving and now that I'm older I'm even less enthused. My DH loves to drive and I love to let him. Until 2 years ago we were driving our pickup and pulling our camper every winter---no chance of me having to drive then. After we found a permanent desert home for the camper we just had to take the truck. Still safe! But last year we bought a new van. Oh!Oh! I might be in trouble. Sure enough, when the launch date arrived he informed me that I'd be doing half of the driving. Well, I just read my books, listened to Michael Buble and occasionally complimented the DH on his driving. Didn't have to drive a lick. When we reached our destination I called my daughter and she said, "Well, did you drive half way?" My happy reply was, "Of course not." It's a good thing the DH can't read this small print because if he could I'd be driving ALL the way to AZ next winter.

No comments: