Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beauty is as Beauty Does


In my next life, I'd like to be beautiful for a change. It would be fun not to have to use my brain or develop a personality---just get by on looks. I guess I must have been cute as a baby; even little armadillos are adorable. I do have some very attractive granddaughters, however. Of course, they don't believe it. For example, one has the most beautiful shade of red hair---grown women would kill for it---but she constantly streaks and cuts and perms. Another one, a size 3 blue-eyed blonde, complains about her teeth and her eyes and her butt. Last but certainly not least is my first grandchild. She was born beautiful and remains so. The other girls are still too young to change their appearance but they already dictate their outfits. There's a critical eye lurking inside every potential woman. Just remember, girls, beauty is fleeting, but your personality will be with you for life.

No comments: