Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chicken Soup


I must have been a Jewish mother in another life. Every time I learn that a friend or relative is ill, I have this unrelenting urge to make chicken soup. The chicken just seems to jump into the pot and I automatically start adding vegetables and noodles. Once, when my sister-in-law was recovering from surgery, the urge took over and I made some fowl soup in a crock pot. ( Unfortunately, the venture turned FOUL, also!) When we arrived at their farm, my DH opened the trunk to a huge mess---chicken soup all over the place. I went into the house, announced that we'd brought lunch, and they should each bring a spoon to the car. Needless to say, it took days to clean up the soup and weeks to get rid of the smell. It seems that sometimes good ideas just chicken out!

No comments: