Sunday, September 21, 2008

Memories


On this day, 51 years ago, I married for the first time. Marriage to him was like a roller coaster ride---lots of ups and downs but always exhilarating. My heart skipped a beat whenever he walked into a room, so after his untimely death, I was convinced that my life was over. The kids were grown and I was all alone. I thought my job would be my salvation, but it wasn't. The Widowed Support Group was. They restored my confidence and, magically, my life started over. My daughter says I morphed into a different person, and I did---I had no choice. Continuous grieving is no way to live and I refused to accept that empty existence. A couple of years later, a wonderful widower showed me that we should live our golden years together. We both have precious memories of our deceased spouses but are happily enjoying our own adventures. Remember, God never closes a door without opening a window and I'm eternally grateful that he opened one for me.

No comments: